7 Steps to a Social Media Marketing Plan
If your business is struggling and you need help reaching your market, creating a social media marketing plan is an excellent way to reach out to potential customers.
Maybe you’ve tried social media in the past without any real success. You hammered away at your Twitter account and nobody paid any attention to you. You posted message after message on Facebook without getting any traction.
Let’s face it. That sucks! You have to do something to fix it. So it’s best to use our seven steps. This will help you create a rock-solid social media marketing strategy that will blow the doors off of the competition!
Let’s get to it!
- The sales pitch – it’s time to fine tune your pitch and make it as condensed as possible. You need to be able to share an elevator pitch in 120 seconds or less.
- What’s the point of your social media activity? – Are you looking to bring new customers into the fold? Are you looking to gain customer loyalty? Are you looking to expand your reach? Figure it out.
- Do you have a relationship with your audience? – If so, what is it? Your best bet is to take two important aspects of your company and focus on them. Share this information with your customers and let them get to know you better.
- Does your market actually use social media? – This could obviously be a serious waste of time if your audience is not spending time on the many types of social media. Find out if your customers are hanging out on Facebook. Do they spend time on Twitter? Are they professionals on LinkedIn? Get to know if social media is the right choice.
- What’s the main focus of your brand? – When marketing, there should always be one main focus that defines your company. This is what makes you stand out amongst the crowd. Make sure your customers or potential prospects know this about you.
- Be cool, not robotic – your customers want to get to know you as people. They do not want to learn about your corporate structure. Let down your guard and forget about focusing on the company.
- What constitutes social media success? – Determine what you consider a success in order to begin creating a social media marketing plan.